Get Your CAGE Code
What is the CAGE code?
The Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) Code is a five-character ID number used extensively within the Federal government. The Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS) administers the CAGE Code system.
Where do I get a CAGE code?
Your company is assigned a CAGE Code as part of the process when you register in the Central Contractor Registry (CCR). Once your CCR registration is active, you can view your CAGE Code on the web by searching the active registrations or by logging in to your CCR account.
How do I get a CAGE code?
It is a two step process that will take about 48 hours to complete:
1. Obtain Your Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS Number) – This is a FREE process.
(You are not obligated to purchase any other services to maintain your CCR status.)
You can apply by calling toll-free: 866-705-5711
or go to this website: http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
Note: Requests for New DUNS via phone take about 10 minutes or you are notified in about 24 hours if you use the website signup process.
To request a DUNS Number, provide the following information:
- Company Legal Name (and Doing Business As (DBA) – or other legal company name)
- Company Headquarters name and address
- Doing business as (dba), or other name organization is known by
- Physical Address, City, State and Zip Code
- Mailing Address (if separate from Headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone Number
- Company Contact Name and Title
- Number of Employees
2. Login to the SAM website to register your company. This is a FREE process.
Go to www.SAM.gov and click on Start New Registration
Note: Have your DUNS Number handy in order to begin the registration process.
The process will take about one hour to complete, depending upon the complexity of your company. Once you have completed your CCR, it takes about 48 hours to activate. Once your registration is active, you can view your CAGE Code on the web by searching the active registrations or by logging in to your account.